Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Classiness of Cannes

....is clearly epitomized by the hysterically CGI scene from Nicole Kidman's new movie, "The Paperboy." Now, while it's widely known that any movie Nicole Kidman decides to be in will most likely be a huge bomb, they keep casting her in things. And apparently they try and drag those movies to France and pretend like they are true pieces of cinema, or some shit like that. In this glorious movie that I'm pretty sure I will never, ever see, unless I just cannot, for the life of me, fall asleep on my next westbound flight, naked Zac Efron abounds - this is quite succinctly announced by the gay director, who says "What? He's hot!" But the deep levels of meaning don't stop there....see this amazingly descriptive paragraph of one of the film scenes, as told by vulture.com:

"Later in the movie, as Efron's romantic ardor for Kidman is at its peak, the two head to the beach, where he decides to cool down with a dip in the ocean. Naturally, he is attacked by CG jellyfish. (Only the sixteenth weirdest thing to happen in this movie.) Covered in sting marks, he barely manages to drag himself to shore, and when Kidman is alerted to the attack by some comely girls who surround Efron, she pushes them away, pops a squat, and out comes number-one. And yes, you get a close-up of the stream. This is a movie that often seems to be missing important transitional scenes or specific inserts, but you had better believe that when Nicole Kidman pees on Zac Efron, that camera is there."

Now I certainly have had a guy or two offer to pee on me, "just for medical reasons," but I don't know how I feel about this. Sounds like a gimmick to me. And not a very successful one since they are definitely going to have to edit out that scene for the plane...

And for some reason, when I searched for 'classy cannes,' it just kept wanting to direct me to 'classy canines.' So I'll roll with that....

No comments:

Post a Comment