Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oh Hollywood....

Today's kudos go out to the lovely Lupe Ontiveros. And don't be fooled by her name (AZ hicks), because she's a bonafide born in the U.S.A. citizen. And an actress at that! This mamacita has been in more movies and t.v. shows than even I could hope to watch, and trust me, that's saying something. Her lupeliciousness has graced everything from Cheech and Chong's Next Movie to The Goonies. In fact, she played "Gregor's maid" in Universal Soldier. And don't give me this, well she plays a maid because she's probably not a good actress crap. According to Lupe, she has played a maid over 150 times in her career. Now, if that's not typecasting, I don't know what is. In fact, that may be the saddest thing I've read in Hollywood news today. And people say that Latinos are underrepresented in Hollywood... They're not underrepresented, they're just in the background dusting something! All I can say is....I hope this coming decade means less hate on the Latinos and more sexy abuelitas playing non-maid characters in big-budget films....




Original Video- More videos at TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment