Monday, May 17, 2010

Bay to Breakers 2010

That's right folks: May 16th, 2010 was one of many annual days of decadence and nudity in San Francisco. Bay to Breakers is a walk/run hosted down the middle of the city and encouraging floats, costumes, and a wide range of participation. I missed all of the real athletes and most of the floats because I stumbled in at the beginning of Golden Gate Park and towards the end of the line. But don't worry, some might say this is actually the place to be. I was proud to participate in basically the largest mobile frat party ever. I saw things I will never recover from, and thanks to some modicum of self-control, I did nothing that I will ever regret. Others, I'm sure, can't say the same. I definitely jimmied a few tap-dance moves in order to avoid some imminent ralphage, but ultimately no harm, no foul (ok, nevermind; lots and lots and lots of foul). While I was pulling up some photos from past events, I was amused to see that both nudity and alcohol are prohibited at the race. Oh yeah? Had me fooled. Luckily, the city is kind enough to hold back the badges from making arrests on non-violent participants (almost year round at that!). I'm happy to say that I was toting my videocamera, so footage will be delivered. Stay tuned. And prepare yourself, my son: prepare yourself.






































UPDATE:
I have posted a short clip of my traumatizing brown-eye incident (I saw into the depths of the unknown). So check it out. And be sure that no children are watching. Although...there were children at the event (shudder).

No comments:

Post a Comment