Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Outdone by the children

Another sucks to be Lady Gaga post I guess. She is, like totally, the most prolific singer on the planet right now. A shooting star most likely: destined to shine brightly and blind many an old person before fading into obscurity. Probably the best thing about her is that fact that she has pulled so many little ones from the background to shine (and outshine) with their covers of her songs. This new addition is, get this, a 6th grader. Yes, a friggin' sixth grader! The next Justin Bieber apparently (it's a good thing if you don't know who that is). The breakdown of the pop machine has begun. And the reality show onslaught gains strength, my son. Am I the only one who feels emasculated by having people half my age be so much better at things than I am? Oh well: I guess it's a good thing I'm a woman.



I'm also including this amazing video of the NY choir killing it on Just Dance. I used to think it was so weird in South America when people were always listening to children singing instead of adults. But now I understand the appeal. It's just so much more impressive! And honest! And I can't help but love the field-recording vibe I get (I know, it's the anthropologist in me). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment